|Location||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2017|
Airswift is currently looking for a Geophysicist to work for one or our clients, a major E&P company, in their office located in Rio de Janeiro.
Perform geophysical mapping and interpretation to characterize plays, prospects, fields and support to
new ventures evaluation.
- Perform geophysical mapping and interpretation to characterize plays, prospects, fields and support to new ventures evaluation
- Construct attribute map which illustrates uncertainties in distribution, apply well seismic tying, basic methods to correlate with well and reservoir properties, incorporate geological constraint, and use multiple attributes to discern reservoir and trap properties;
- Use convolution theory, mechanics of sonic, density, gamma, and caliper logs, time average equation, reflection coefficients, filter theory, blocking sonic logs, and check shot calibration. Construct synthetic seismograms and velocity models;
- Perform practical reservoir characterization, DHI recognition, co-rendering of different attributes and color map generation, and calculate volumetrics;
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the sequence hierarchy and the relevance of unconformities, simple termination, fault, operational sequence boundary mapping, and definitions of differing types of unconformities;
- Describe basic kinds of magnetic and gravimetric acquisition methods, processing and data reduction, and interpretation;
- Follow standards of the Company to establish QC tests, optimize single and parallel processing flow, design models for tests, and make optimal selection of processing flow and acquisition parameters.
- Geologist and Master in Geology
- Mid-level knowledge and practice in integrated interpretation of geophysical & geological data from a regional exploration perspective to prospect/target scale, to identify new hydrocarbon plays and generate prospect/leads.
- Accomplished skills in basin analysis, resource definition, prospect generation, and workstation proficiency / seismic interpretation (user of PETREL, Hampson Russell and related applications)
- Practice of GIS systems and G&G software: for geological interpretation (e.g.,Petrel or similar), for handling and processing of seismic and well data;
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English and Portuguese
- At least 5 years of relevant oil industry experience with some or all with an operator essential
- Sufficient knowledge of Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Availability to travel and work in remote areas.