|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||December 11, 2018|
The Geophysicist Advisor collects and evaluates seismic and relevant log and geological data. Evaluates prospects/fields with current geophysical techniques for interpretation of structure, source, reservoir, and seal distribution, and direct indications of hydrocarbons. Produces geophysical interpretations, including maps and models for exploration, field appraisal and development. Utilizes geophysical and related data to define potential drilling hazards. Proactively leads the safety of employees, contractors, Noble resources and protecting the environment.
· Proposes and leads complex studies using advanced geoscience concepts.
· Generates new ideas and approaches.
· Recognized as a technical expert in division or group
· Acts as a resource outside business unit.
· Mentors, coaches and provides technical guidance and assistance.
· Participates in peer reviews.
· Leads and evaluates recommendations for company investment.
· Bachelors degree in Geology or Geophysics required.
· Masters’ degree in Geology or Geophysics preferred.
· Sufficient experience to demonstrate technical mastery across more than 1 area of advanced geophysical skills.
· Typical time to acquire experience needed for mastery of these skills is 10 or more years.
· Normal office environment
· Some travel to the field may be required.
In order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist. Leader approval, time in current position, or ability to perform at the level does not guarantee a promotion. Requirements build as one progresses. In addition, the requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.