|Location||Ventura, United States|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2018|
This position is responsible for conducting Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys, in accordance with project requirements and company procedures under direction of a Lead Hydrographer or Project Manager.
Roles And Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as part of a survey team or as an individual surveyor, depending on project requirements.
· Configure and operate data acquisition and data processing software, including but not limited to: WinFrog, Caris, Hypack, Discover, SonarWiz, and POSPac.
· Configure and operate data acquisition and data processing hardware, including but not limited to GNSS navigation systems, single and multibeam echosounder systems, side scan sonar, subbottom profilers, seismic sound sources, analog and digital streamers, motion sensors, USBL systems, PCs, velocimeters, tide gauges, and winches.
· Monitor data quality during acquisition and processing efforts and keep the Lead Hydrographer or Project Manager advised of any issues requiring additional assistance.
· Responsible for logs and record keeping, including the Daily Progress Report, for submittal to the Project Manager each day during field operations.
· Use common sense and logical thought to overcome problems and equipment fault finding.
· Keep the Lead Hydrographer (or Project Manager in the absence of a Lead Hydrographer) informed of progress or problems
· Responsible for survey specific calibrations including but not limited to single and multibeam echosounders, motion reference units and gyros, utilizing FMGI procedures, client requirements and/or best practice.
· Assist with or plan project operations for the safest approach with maximum efficiency utilizing given assets.
· Liaise with client representative in the field, if applicable.
· Ensure operations performed are carried out in a safe manner consistent with Fugro policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor of Science in Marine Science (Hydrography) or related field. Or 3-5 years experience conducting geophysical and hydrographic surveys, including some multibeam experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to spot irregularities and data quality issues during the data acquisition process.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.