|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Job Title: Geophysical Software Designer – T.T.I.
We have an urgent need to hire a Geophysical Designer who specializes in T.T. I. velocity modeling. Candidate should have an extensive background in geoscience and geophysical software design/developer with high performance computing optimization for seismic imaging & related algorithms. Candidate will develop and optimize seismic imaging & related technologies for production run on a high performance computing system. Candidate should have a proven track record in the oil and gas industry.
- Design software for velocity modeling: isotropic, orthotropic and t.t.i anisotropy.
- Solid understanding of high performance parallelization and optimization for CPU and GPU.
- Experienced knowledge of seismic imaging or related technologies.
- Develop seismic imaging or related technologies for production run.
- Will need to utilize creative, innovative approaches to maximize the accuracy and efficiency of geophysical technologies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge in high performance computing parallelization and optimization.
- Strong programming of C/C++ and CUDA/OpenCL (or SSE) are required.
- Working knowledge of Fortran, OpenMP, MPI are considered positives.
- Familiar with seismic propagation, numerical simulation, seismic imaging, seismic inversion, and related research topics.
- Familiar with and ability to utilize Linux and other high performance computing systems.
- Ability to do present technical topics to peers and management.
- Promote industry best practices and work safety.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and teamwork.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree is required (from an accredited school), in geophysics, mathematics, physics, or computer science.
- Must have 8+ years related experience working in the Oil & Gas industry as a geophysicist.
- Some travel may be required.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Apply directly to this job posting by visiting our website:
We thank all candidates in advance for their application.
We will contact only those candidates having the skills we require.