|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2019|
A requirement has arisen for a Geophysical Advisor/Senior Geophysicist. This is a permanent opportunity with our client, an Oil & Gas Operator, and will be based in London.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn are not able to provide visa sponsorship; therefore current, valid authority to work is required.
- You are an experienced, commercially aware geophysicist with a strong technical background in operated exploration programs and new ventures.
- You will have the ability to influence decisions made through your technical expertise and experience and will be capable of managing issues that may arise as part of exploration evaluations.
- You can quickly identify the critical value drivers of a project and know when additional support is required to address them. You are comfortable working to multiple strict deadlines and are confident representing the company in an outward facing role.
- The position will also be required to support new venture activity as and when required, you will also provide peer review and technical support across the London based exploration portfolio as an experienced and respected member of the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivery of 2 well exploration programme (1 operated) in 2020, including well planning and operational support.
- Maturation of evaluation on existing licences plus participation in New Venture evaluations.
- High quality mapping and prospect evaluation, including post-drill assessment.
- Detailed seismic reservoir characterisation.
- Depth conversion sensitivities.
- Seismic attribute analysis and data conditioning.
- Detailed structural mapping.
- Work with Geologist and Function to update volumes and risks based on all new incoming data.
- Geology or Geophysics degree or equivalent with extensive relevant experience (required)
- Post graduate education, or equivalent (advantageous)
- Relevant PhD (advantageous)
- Relevant post graduate experience in upstream oil and gas (exploration & production), based on core skills in geophysics with extensive industry experience in exploration focussed roles
- Direct experience of maturing leads to robust drillable prospects, well planning, operations and post-well analysis and reporting. Proven interpreter and prospect generator
- Direct experience of working as part of an international new ventures team
- Experience of seismic survey acquisition and reprocessing and interacting with seismic contractors
- Ability to interpret in a 3D multi-cube environment. Familiarity with relevant geoscience software (e.g. Kingdom, Petrel, Paleoscan etc)
- Expertise of AVO techniques, QI assessments and 3D visualisation. Familiarity with the SAAM (Seismic amplitude analysis module) an advantage
- Familiar with seismic acquisition and processing in both the time and depth domain
- Thorough understanding of EMS maturation workflow (advantageous)
- Ability to quickly identify and quantify the key value drivers of an exploration project
- Experience working in a number of basins both regionally and at the prospect level (advantageous)
- Ability to work on a number of projects at the same time