|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually striving to be one of industry’s best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for experienced, motivated, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to fill a position on our Subsurface Technical Services team. This position will report to the Chief Geophysicist and be located in Houston.
If your interests lie in the specification and quality assurance of high-end land seismic processing projects, as well as constructive mentoring and guiding less-experienced geophysicists in the application of seismic processing technology, then this position may be the right fit for you.
You will be part of a small team of experts that support Oxy’s geoscientists worldwide in their task to expedite and optimize the economic recovery of hydrocarbons from some of the largest, most challenging reservoirs in the world. You will find that the project inventory, the utilization of new technology, and the entrepreneurial spirit of the team are unique in the industry, providing the right candidates with a professionally fulfilling experience.
Oxy is looking for highly motivated individuals with the qualifications indicated below. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, action-oriented team, please apply quickly for this position.
The successful candidate should have a keen desire to creatively apply new and off the shelf technologies and workflows to land seismic processing, often with the ultimate goal of reservoir characterization using inversion and fracture detection. The candidate will ensure that seismic processing efforts throughout the company take full advantage of applicable, available, state-of-the-art technical solutions. The candidate helps define fit for purpose processing specifications through close collaboration with the geophysicists in various departments. Part of the job is hands-on processing using commercial software to spot check key processing parameters and to condition gathers for quantitative interpretation.
• Master’s Degree in Geophysics with 15 years petroleum industry experience
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in processing of land seismic data
• Proven expert in conditioning of seismic data for quantitative interpretation
• Expert knowledge of impact on amplitude fidelity of seismic acquisition and processing steps
• Skilled in quality assurance of 5D interpolation, FWI, PreSDM, and AVAz workflows
• Skilled in capturing and communicating uncertainty in results
• Knowledge of processing for time-lapse, mode-conversions, and shear-waves
• Experience using PreStackPRO, OpenCPS, Omega, and SeisSpace software
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information
• Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to mentor others
• Strong communication skills with the ability to present work product in an effective manner
• Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Shale reservoirs / Unconventional Play experience
• Permian Basin, Middle East, and/or Colombia experience
• Diffraction imaging experience
• Microseismic experience
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- United States-Texas-Houston
- CORP FUNC