|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 17, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually striving to be one of industry’s best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for experienced, motivated, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to fill a position on our Subsurface Technical Services team. This position will report to the Chief Geophysicist and be located in Houston.
If your interests lie in hands-on application of high-end quantitative interpretation techniques to challenging reservoirs, as well as constructive mentoring and guiding less-experienced geophysicists in the application of fundamental quantitative interpretation technology, then this position may be the right fit for you.
You will be part of a small team of experts that support Oxy’s geoscientists worldwide in their task to expedite and optimize the economic recovery of hydrocarbons from some of the largest, most challenging reservoirs in the world. You will find that the project inventory, the utilization of new technology, and the entrepreneurial spirit of the team are unique in the industry, providing the right candidates with a professionally fulfilling experience.
Oxy is looking for highly motivated individuals with the qualifications indicated below. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, action-oriented team, please apply quickly for this position.
The successful candidate should have a keen desire to creatively apply new and off the shelf technologies and workflows to reservoir characterization. Furthermore, the quality and level of quantitative interpretation throughout the company must be ensured through close collaboration with the geophysicists in various departments.
• Master’s Degree in Geophysics with 15 years petroleum industry experience
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in quantitative interpretation of seismic data
• Proven expert in pre-stack seismic inversion and amplitude analysis
• Skilled in derivation of rock physics relationships
• Skilled in capturing and communicating uncertainty in results
• Experience using Ikon RokDoc, Hampson Russell, Petrel and Landmark software
• Extensive experience in the identification and utilization of seismic attributes to identify fractures
• Skilled in ensuring consistency between reservoir models and seismic
• Knowledgeable about impact on amplitude fidelity of seismic acquisition and processing steps
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information
• Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to mentor others
• Strong communication skills with the ability to present work product in an effective manner
• Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Shale reservoirs / Unconventional Play experience
• Permian Basin, Middle East, and/or Colombia experience
• Geomechanics skills
• Microseismic experience
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status