|Date Posted||May 1, 2017|
Subsurface Team Lead
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
- To provide high quality geological input to company exploration and appraisal project
- Providing geophysical-based interpretation, analysis and exploration recommendations.
- Generating plausible geological concepts for leads and prospects in a play fairway context,with appropriate risk, volume and commercial analysis and in support of a growing inventory of exploration prospects & leads.
- Evaluating new exploration opportunities where Company plans to go for asset acquisition.
- Ensuring that the technical integrity of all exploration prospects is fully reviewed by relevant internal parties.
- Populating the Exploration geophysical and geological database with information that is up-todate, accurate and appropriate for all geoscience needs.
- Seamless coordination of all exploration-related operations between relevant internal and external parties.
- Providing geological peer review support to Exploration, Appraisal, Development and NearField Exploration activities managed by Reservoir Development & Near-Field Exploration team.
- Providing mentorship, guidance and control as required to junior geoscience staff with respect to geological methods and approaches to evaluation.
- Prepare work programs and budget for the management.
- The successful candidate will have at least a Master’s degree in Geology and 15-20 years of industry experience. It is imperative that the candidate have a successful and verifiable trackrecord and be fully conversant with modern exploration interpretation techniques.
- Information technology awareness, with proven computing capability in Microsoft Office software, in particular MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
- Experience in work station based log correlation, stratigraphic table construction, seismic interpretation and depth conversion, from regional to prospect level in structurally complex regions with Kingdom mapping software.
- A solid understanding of structural geology, petroleum systems analysis, well data analysis, structural and geological interpretation, mapping and prospect generation.
- Good knowledge of petroleum geophysics and the ability to interface closely with geophysicists and petro physicist in regard to exploration and appraisal issues. He is expected to have good knowledge and experience in Shale gas exploration
- An understanding of subsurface field development and production issues and the ability to interface with production geologists, reservoir engineers and petroleum engineers to provide pertinent geophysical input into such issues.
- Ability to work independently, but also interface well with colleagues, JV partners and with regulatory authorities/local bodies.
- An ability to provide mentoring to junior staff
- High level of communications ability, including ability to confidently present complex issues and defend own technical work to peers and management.
- Motivated, self-starting, independent individual with high level of initiative.