|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 27, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Sheridan Production Company is seeking a Staff/Senior level geologist with a 5+ year proven track record of prospect/project generation and development of conventional resource plays in carbonate reservoirs. This position will be responsible for the expansion and development of existing plays as well as the generation of new oil and gas prospects.
- Integrate and interpret multiple geologic and petrophysical parameters into a concise geologic model. Ability to incorporate geophysical understanding a plus
- Utilize surface and subsurface geotechnical data to generate geologic models through log correlation, cross-section construction, stratigraphic analysis, petrophysical analysis and strong mapping interpretation techniques.
- Expand and refine interpretations in existing plays and field as well as generate new play concepts.
- Utilize paper, raster and digital data sets with an expert ability to incorporate all data into a concise and defendable interpretation.
- Effectively utilize advanced geotechnical software tools in the interpretation process
- Convey technical findings through oral presentation and written to cross-technical teammates as well as upper management
- Operations geology as needed on drilling, workover and recomplete projects
- Periodically evaluation of acquisition and divestiture opportunities
- Mentor other less experience geologists as needed
- Work in a collaborative multi-disciplined environment incorporating a wide variety of data from various sources to develop a team driven interpretation
- Bachelors degree in Geology
- 5+ years proven track record of prospect/project generation and development of conventional resource plays in carbonate reservoirs.
- Qualified candidates must be able to work in a multi-disciplined team environment to evaluate new concepts as well as develop existing projects in a fast paced, highly active development and drilling program.
- Successful candidate will possess interpersonal skills that include a high level of intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency in an environment with shifting priorities.