|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2019|
Aspect Management Corporation, an independent and highly entrepreneurial oil and gas company, seeks an ambitious and talented Geo Intern with a geologic or geophysical focus to join our team. Geo internships provide opportunities to learn and apply exploration principles and are utilized to evaluate the candidates' potential as possible future, full-time employees. Job performance will be reviewed periodically and appraised at the end of the internships.
Successful candidates will receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills acquired in college. The work will develop the interns both technically and professionally, and could involve interaction with various technology groups and business units.
All Aspect Exploration Team members perform both geologic and geophysical functions. Therefore, a typical Geo intern will include a seismic interpretation project, emphasizing seismic horizon correlations, fault picking, amplitude identification and mapping. Depending on the individuals focus or skills this may also include log and core analysis for a geologist or seismic inversion analysis for a geophysicist. Typically Aspect uses SMT Kingdom for seismic interpretation. In addition the company has licenses for Geographix for detailed subsurface work and Hampson Russel for seismic attribute analysis.
Assignments will be in Denver, CO. The length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Pursuing a Master's degree or higher in the Geology or Geophysics discipline.
• A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks availability for internship.
• A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Ability to use seismic and/or log evaluation software.
• Ability to generate effective solutions based on available information and make timely decisions.
• Develop strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals.
Aspect Management Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by applicable nondiscrimination law. It is our intention that all applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job related factors. Any person needing reasonable accommodation in the application process should contact Human Resources.