|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||September 27, 2017|
Niche Oil & Gas Company in Preston Center (Dallas) looking to expand operations by bringing on an experienced Geologist/Geo-Tech.
- Must live in DFW area
- Bachelor’s Degree and special industry training for Geologist/Geo-Tech disciplines
- One to five years’ relevant experience
- Technical Oil & Gas Geo-Tech experience (mapping of all relevant variables in the sub-surfaces and ability to manipulate data for mapping)
- Competent in the analysis of conventional reservoirs
- Ability to identify upside mapping improvements and data viewing optimization
- Understand production, land ownership basics, leases, HBP, etc.
- Basic computer skills including, but not limited to: ArcGis, data bases, mapping software and technical Oil & Gas software
- Exposure to Oil & Gas acquisitions and divestiture activity
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
Execution Duties for Geologist/Geo-Tech:
- Technical surface and sub-surface mapping of oil and gas assets (isopachs, structure, well locations, production trends, heat maps, etc.)
- Download public data, quality check, manipulate and map
- Generate fundamental maps such as tops and thickness, as well as detailed maps and cross sections
- Construct field drilling development maps to scale
Business Development Duties:
- Constructing maps, cross sections, etc.
- Building and maintaining basin study books, maps, etc.
- Maintaining Strat sections, type logs, and other basic maps for basins as needed
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.