|Location||Fort McMurray, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2017|
Reporting to the supervisor, mine operations support you will be accountable for geohazard assessments for our operating and non-operating mining assets.
- Work closely with geosciences and mine planning personnel to ensure operational risks to staff and equipment are properly identified and mitigated
- Develop, validate and continually refine mine risk assessments
- Co-ordinate and execute geoscience investigation programs
- Collaborate and lead communication with partners
- Mentor junior staff and support them in their development
- Regular interaction with field personnel
- Contribute to the safety and health of all employees, contractors, and consultants through the observation of all our environmental health and safety standard
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years of geological field experience in oil sands sedimentary deposits
- Specialization in structural geology and/or tectonics
- Production geology experience in an open pit mining environment considered an asset
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in geosciences
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration with the association of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) as a professional engineer or geoscientist
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced computer literacy with geological modeling packages such as MineSight and MineScape
- Well versed in siliciclastic sedimentology and stratigraphy and skilled at wireline log interpretation
- Well-developed critical thinking, with an ability to apply logic and challenge assumptions, conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to collaborate and work in a multidisciplinary, integrated team environment
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
- Occasional travel to the Calgary office as required
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
Job Segment: Geology, Sustainability, Offshore Oil, Engineering, Energy