|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
• Prospect generator responsible for finding, evaluating, and recommending new plays, prospects, and exploration opportunities.
• Work as part of an integrated exploration team to develop, evaluate and recommend exploration opportunities in Apache’s Houston-based L48 Region.
• Undertake geo-technical evaluations of existing and new-venture opportunities including existing acreage, potential new leasing efforts, acquisitions, and farm-in opportunities.
• Map and assess stratigraphy, structure, reservoir quality, source rock quality/maturity and seal potential for conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
• Integrate core data, well logs, petrophysical analysis, and geophysical data to generate structure maps, isopach maps, net pay maps, and detailed cross sections with the goal of identifying high potential exploration areas.
• Interpret depositional environments and facies, construct depositional systems models within a sequence stratigraphic framework, incorporating seismic data, to form fully integrated geologic analyses.
• Work closely with geoscientists, engineers and subject-matter experts to ensure regional consistency in interpretations and to address technical challenges.
• Apply appropriate metrics of risk analysis to rank opportunities within a team framework utilizing 2D/3D seismic, wireline log data, production data, pressure data, core and cuttings data, well tests, and mud logs.
• Develop, support, and defend recommendations for organic growth through the drill bit by acquisition of leasehold, leasehold farm-in, production purchase or other means pertaining to exploration drilling opportunities.
• Make clear and concise recommendations to management based on technical evaluations.
• Masters’ degree or Ph.D. in Geology with a minimum of 10 years of oil and gas exploration experience.
• Strong exploration background; prospect generation with experience in conventional, hybrid, and unconventional plays.
• Capability to collaborate within the Region and throughout the Company to access and share knowledge and expertise.
• Self-motivated and proactive - Able to set priorities consistent with business objectives and focus on delivery of projects that have recognizable value to the Company.
• Software - Petra, Kingdom/SMT or Petrel; Spotfire and ArcGIS experience an added plus.
• Experience leading geoscience-based technical evaluations.
• Experience in integrating core, well log, geophysical, petrophysical, production, basin-scale analyses, and engineering data into a coherent framework.
• Strong ability to communicate information and evaluations (written and oral).