|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||September 13, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Apache Corporation is one of the world's leading independent oil and gas producers. The company has a six-decade record of profitable growth, and is differentiated by its #1 position around the world, entrepreneurial culture and deep operational focus.
Position reporting to the Region Exploration & Development Manager, providing senior level geological expertise for Apache’s Permian Region exploration and development activities, focused on conventional assets and opportunities, with an emphasis toward horizontal drilling in the region.
- Responsible for adding value to existing acreage through prospect and regional-level subsurface mapping and identification of drilling/re-completion opportunities.
- Generate development plans for Apache base properties. This will be done in a collaborative team environment involving reservoir, production, drilling, facilities, regulatory, and land disciplines
- Responsible for adding new growth opportunities by prospect generation and industry deal screening in company focus areas.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and training to less experienced professional staff
- Create geologic maps and 3D geocellular models of productive and potentially productive formations on base properties. These maps will include structure, gross and net isopachs, net pay, phiH, and SophiH maps. These maps will be supported with geologic cross sections, petrophysical analysis, and 3D reservoir models.
- Effectively communicate project evaluations and recommendations. Regularly present and seek approval for capital exploration and development plans for assigned areas, with subsequent implementation and execution of approved plans.
- Work with Operations Geologist’s on all geological operation aspects of drilling wells, creating geologic prognosis, and staking wells. Also work with Geologic Technicians on building and maintaining geologic databases of interpretations.
- Have a working knowledge of seismic interpretation and be able to engage geophysicists when necessary to incorporate geophysical interpretations and attribute properties to optimize drilling plans. Proficiency with geophysical interpretation is preferred.
- Present geologic interpretations, drilling plans, and project capital requirements at Approval Meetings, Quarterly Reviews, and Board of Director Reviews.
- BS in Geology or related discipline
- Advanced degree preferred
- 15 + years of relevant E&P company experience