|Date Posted||June 17, 2017|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Mubadala Petroleum has had a presence in Thailand through Pearl Oil since 2004, We are the third largest concession holder in Thailand and have a full range of exploration, development and production projects in our portfolio. We are fully committed to the development of the local energy sector but also to acting responsibly with the utmost respect to the environment and communities in Thailand.
Your mandate will be to provide high quality geological support to the MP (Thailand) assets. Responsible to identify hydrocarbons accumulations within the field and plan and execute wells to maximize their recovery. Key responsibilities will include:
Geological Data Interpretation & Reservoir Mapping
- Provide input to geological and reservoir models.
- Produce field reservoir maps over key reservoirs, including gross and net sand thickness, net to gross, porosity, and Sw.
- Collect and analyse development well geological data.
- Development and exploration well correlations.
Prospect Generation and Evaluation
- Identify hydrocarbon plays, leads and prospects within specific field areas.
- Use geological and geophysical data interpretation to assist other team members and reservoir engineers to define appraisal strategies, field development plans, by-passed hydrocarbon pay, infill well targets and enhanced hydrocarbon recovery programs.
- Determine hydrocarbons-in-place by volumetric calculations, and provide input for reserve reports and certification.
- Evaluate all leads, prospects, and development well targets and assist geologists and reservoir engineers to produce a portfolio of proposed exploration and development wells.
- Analyse prospect risks and propose a ranking scheme to help determine a drilling program.
- Present proposals for drilling to management and partners.
- Identify future data requirements to help better define and upgrade identified leads and prospects.
- Assist geologist/geophysics team in preparing block commitment reports.
- Make presentations to DMF regarding prospects and post well reviews.
- Assist with compilation of well proposals.
- Collate documentation and assist HSSE Department with EIA reports and presentations to DMF.
- Mentor, train teach junior staff and non-geo-staff in geological and geophysical techniques, including Petrel modelling.
- A degree in Geology or Geophysics and knowledge of interdisciplinary geosciences. An advanced degree is preferable. A thorough knowledge of geological and physical principles and seismic interpretation. A mathematical background is important.
- 10 years plus experience in hydrocarbon development, most of which gained in an Oil and Gas company working as a geoscientist. The holder should have considerable experience in development geology, reservoir mapping, seismic interpretation, prospect generation and evaluation, and should have participated in drilling many wells.
- Observation, pattern recognition, analytic, visualisation, and data interpretation skills. IT skills and project management skill are also beneficial. An ability to work well in a team, combined with flexibility and adaptability are essential. Good communication skills and an ability to express ideas clearly both orally and in writing are also important.
We are seeking people who can live our values of Purpose, Passion and Performance. If you can see yourself on our team, drill deeper. Apply today.