|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2017|
CSI Recruiting is currently seeking a 15-20 year experienced Geologist to work with a company to be located in Midland. This position is part a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team optimizing and improving an active horizontal drilling program in the Midland Basin. This individual will work within the asset team to make data collection and drilling recommendations. Firm has a very strong leadership team and has assembled a team of detail-oriented technical professionals in engineering, geology and land. Collaborative team environment and high energy workplace.
- Meet all project schedules, deliverables and milestones as outlined in work plans
- Mentoring and on-the-job training of team members
- Actively participate in data acquisition and interpretation
- Recommend both horizontal landing zones in proven areas and stratigraphy as well as identifying unproven but high potential zones. Recommendations will be well documented and supported.
- Interpret and evaluate geologic data to construct integrated maps, cross sections, and other geological displays to identify and evaluate additional opportunities
- Work closely with a team of Geologists, Reservoir and Production Engineers and Geoscience Specialists to integrate seismic interpretation with data sets including reservoir behavior and well performance
- Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven capability to support unconventional assets, and design, manage and interpret geologic data acquisition programs
- Familiarity of the Permian Basin is required
- Demonstrated motivational, organizational and reasoning skills
- Capability to work effectively with cross-discipline professionals and all levels of the team
- Documented ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information
Bachelor & Master’s Degree in Geology
Between 15-20 years of E & P experience working for independent operators.
Highly developed multi-tasking and organizational skills – both assessing and managing priorities.
Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit possessing excellent interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Midland, TX
- horizontal E & P: 10 years