|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2017|
This position works in a multi-discipline Asset Team and reports to the Geoscience Lead, Asset Team who in turn, is a direct report to the Asset Manager. The Asset Team is charged with core area value creation through aggressive primary development of identified and growth resources. The position is supported by a highly qualified group of geoscience professionals, including geoscience technicians, geophysicists, a petrophysicist, a petrologist and GeoGraphix database analysts.
- Generate and/or update maps in assigned area of responsibility using all appropriate data & technologies (including, but not limited to, 2D/3D seismic, production, petrophysical, geochemical and core data) to grow, high-grade and prioritize drilling location inventory
- Make recommendations to management for the drilling of development and exploitation wells, inclusive of commercial/economic evaluation
- Coordinate/collaborate with the drilling department on the drilling of development of development and exploitation wells, supporting same with geological prognoses and logging program recommendations
- Conduct and/or coordinate post-audits on development/exploitation well programs and report results to management
- Assist in evaluation of 3rd party acreage submittals and/or property acquisitions
- Monitor industry activity in area of responsibility utilizing public data and industry networks
- Work closely with Asset Team Lead to acquire acreage on extensions of core area selected for leasehold capital expenditures
- Work with Asset team members to develop capital budget plans and to track implementation of same
- Master’s degree in geology or geophysics
- Experience in development/exploitation related geoscience work with responsibilities similar to above
- Practical experience with unconventional/resource plays is desired
- Permian Basin experience a strong positive
- Familiarity with Landmark GeoGraphix software a plus.
- Business related course work and/or experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
COG Operating LLC uses e-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.