|Date Posted||April 10, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
My Client is an international consultancy who are based in Kuwait and working with large IOC's.
They are currently searching an Experienced Geologist for a drilling and workover project.
This work will be performed in a remote operation centre working 12-hour shifts
The relevant Geologist will be required to:
• Draft and update geologic prognoses for all approved drilling wells within assigned areas
• Coordinate well permitting and drilling location preparation in cooperation with land, regulatory, drilling and facilities groups
• Provide technical support and quality oversight for wellsite geology processes, including mudlogging, LWD/MWD, wireline logging, coring and directional drilling in a multi-rig environment
• Geosteer horizontal wells in a 24/7 operation to ensure proper placement of wellbore within a specific target
• Perform real-time monitoring and interpretation of data acquired while drilling
• Provide expertise for planning, execution and look-back analysis for all wells drilled in the business unit, including but not limited to horizontal wells
• Maintain open communication with project geologist, project petrophysicist and drilling team during horizontal drilling operations following chain of command
• Maintain a daily reporting system for well operations and data gathering
• Operate and enforce safety practices within the operation complying with company policies, state and federal regulations
• Work effectively with a variety of individuals from numerous disciplines
The Geologist will require:
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Geoscience or related discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years applicable experience in the Geoscience field.
• Strong Geosteering horizontal well experiences
• Field experience with horizontal drilling, LWD/MWD and wireline logging technologies and applications
• Previous experiences in the Middle East will be a plus.
If you feel you are suitable, feel free to apply