|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2017|
Collects and integrates geological, geophysical and drilling data to generate exploration, appraisal and development interpretations and recommendations. Generates structural and stratigraphic maps, cross-sections, well log correlations, structural/stratigraphic framework analyses, biostratigraphic, lithostratigraphic, geochemical, seal and pressure data as required for subsurface evaluations. Proactively leads the safety of employees, contractors, Noble resources and protecting the environment.
- Performs all aspects of work applying standard geoscience techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Assists in the development of recommendations for more difficult and complex issues.
- Collects, organizes, evaluates, and maps data to aid in determining economic viability of an opportunity.
- Constantly assesses and seeks to find exploration and development opportunities in area of responsibility.
- Participates in post-mortem analysis of opportunities.
- Works closely with interdisciplinary teams.
- Assists in writing requests for quote, evaluating bids, making recommendations based on performance and cost.
- Masters’ degree in Geology or Geophysics required.
- Completion of 3 or more work assignments with different technical challenges.
- Typical time to acquire this experience is 3-5 years.
- Normal office environment
- Some travel to field operations required