|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||March 22, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The successful candidate will be responsible for geologic operations and development tasks during the drilling of wells on Marathon’s acreage in the Anadarko Basin SCOOP Play in Oklahoma. Projected 2017 plans are to drill approximately 20 wells in SCOOP and continue to increase spud count year over year as infill development continues. The role will also provide several opportunities to screen for other potential horizontal target zones through the use of exploratory methods. This position will report to the Subsurface Supervisor for the SDT located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Generate geologic prognoses as part of a development program for new wells and convey/monitor those development plans all the way up to well execution.
- Operational duties will include, but are not limited to, the identification and setting of intermediate casing, guidance of pilot hole and kick-off operations, and the geosteering of horizontal wells with the use of LWD technology
- Generate data acquisition programs for upcoming wells. Coordinate efforts of vendors for logging, pilot-hole operations, coring, and mud logging. Be onsite for pre-spud meetings, logging, and coring operations as necessary
- Assist in mentoring of geoscience staff or summer interns
- Generation of detailed stratigraphic correlations and high-grade mapping efforts to reduce risk in development plays or to identify new horizontal play concepts. Successful integration of reservoir engineering/production data and 2D/3D seismic information a must
- Scout and monitor offset industry activity
- Communicate technical results to team members, Subsurface Supervisor, and/or Upper Management Team
Degree: Bachelors required, Masters preferred
Major Discipline: Geology
Years Experience Required: Minimum 5 years total industry experience
Travel Required: up to 15%
Computer Proficiencies: Intermediate PC skills are required in Microsoft desktop suites. Experience with Geosteering Tools (StarSteer) and Geographix are required. Experience with ArcGIS, Enerdeq, OpenWorks/DecisionSpace recommended