|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2017|
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This intermediate level position independently generates leads and develops them into exploration prospects through the interpretation of geological data, geophysical data, or petrophysical data. Responsibilities include supporting exploration and field development activities, under general supervision.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes and interprets geological, geophysical, or petrophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, bore holes, or aerial photos.
- Plans or conducts geological, geophysical, or petrophysical field studies or surveys, sample collection, or drilling and testing programs.
- Prepares geological maps, cross-section diagrams, charts, or reports using results of fieldwork or laboratory research.
- Locates, estimates, and predicts oil and natural gas fields using integrated analysis of data and information.
- Uses critical thinking, logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses in workflows and effectively ensures overall conception, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of each assigned project.
- Works closely with other parts of the business to ensure integrated analysis of data.
- Applies basic geological, geophysical, or petrophysical models to explain, predict, and interpret data.
- Maintain geologic interpretations for actively drilling wells and provide OSC geosteering oversight and assistance.
- Makes recommendations to management based on complete integration of data, project economics and risk analysis.
- Promotes collaboration, multi-disciplinary approaches and integrated solutions to technical and business problems and opportunities.
- Participates in local and national Geological societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field required.
Master’s degree from an accredited university in Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field preferred.
2-5+ years of related work experience required.