|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2017|
Surveillance Geologist II
Marathon Oil's Eagle Ford Subsurface Surveillance team is seeking a Geologist.- The Surveillance Geologist is a complementary role to the Execution Geologist in the AOR. Responsibilities include conducting surveillance of all wells in area of responsibility and communicating with Execution counterparts regularly to discuss performance improvements.
This position will report to the Subsurface Surveillance Supervisor for the Eagle Ford Team.
- Participate in Geo Community of Practice
- Actively participate in EF knowledge sharing activities (Ops, Surveillance, Multi-Disc. Meetings)
- Attend/Complete necessary technical, business & HES Training
- Collaboration with counterparts across value chain (Operations, D&C, Facilities) to gain broader exposure to overall busines
- Develop bench marking/competitor surveillance leveraging DI Analytics and DI Subsurface
- Provide support for completion recommendations
- Provide support to other EF teams conducting various studies (completions studies, spacing studies, etc.)
- Develop/maintain area seismic products including attribute volumes, time-depth models (as needed)
- Seismic interpretation/mapping
- Coordinate data storage and analysis
- Develop/maintain reservoir characterizations based on log and seismic data
- Conduct studies to identify and quantify trends in performance. Feed information back to influence PODs , drilling, completions and manage well flowback and longer term flow strategy
- Provide technical information for partner presentations
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and plays
- Degree: Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- Major Discipline: Geology
- Years of Experience Required: Minimum 5 years of industry experience; unconventional experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve project related goals.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for results.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure.
- Software Proficiency: OpenWorks, ArcGIS, GeoGraphix, IHS/DrillingInfo, SpotFire, Petrel
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.