|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2017|
This position is intended for an entry level Geologist with a Master’s degree in Geology. The geologist in this position will be directly involved with an active drilling program providing well steering expertise related to the program. Associated with the well steering effort, this geologist will gain exposure to several geologic technical skill sets and development of communication skills across many fronts. The geologist will also have exposure to fundamental development geology best practices. This position will be located in our downtown Houston, TX office and will report to the Geology Manager. Level and salary commensurate with background and experience.
Essential Job Functions:
Through your early career, you will be exposed to projects where you will:
- Gain hands-on experience in Operations and Development Geology in a multi-discipline environment alongside Drilling, Completions, and Reservoir Engineers.
- Participate in projects throughout the drilling cycle from early prospect identification, technical based project support, and active well steering responsibilities.
- Oasis currently provides foundational geoscience training through a third party, industry recognized educator.
- Develop understanding of company structure and contribute to key initiatives for the organization.
Future career opportunities include possible roles in our Resource Assessment Group or our Business Development Group, as well as informal and formal leadership roles. As an Oasis Geologist, you will have the opportunity to participate in local and out of town training opportunities to leverage and add to your geoscience skills.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Geology or Geosciences
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, files, telephone, and fax; maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong academic performance in core programs
- Good communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Related experience or Internship with an E&P company