|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
The successful candidate will lead a team of geoscientists as part of a cross-functional subsurface team involved in the assessment and active development of Marathon’s assets in the Delaware Basin. This position will report to the Subsurface Development Manager and will be located in Houston.
- Direct the efforts of the geoscience staff on the subsurface development team.
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff.
- Ensure the technical quality of the team work products.
- Work collaboratively with the Reservoir Engineering team to develop & optimize robust plans of development
- Lead team in populating, prioritizing, and high grading MRO’s Delaware Basin portfolio to maximize value and minimize risk.
- Direct the team to utilize geospatial and other competitor and partner data to identify potential new areas of interest on and around Marathon’s existing acreage
- Direct the team in performing geologic and petrophysical studies to identify and high grade well locations.
- Collaborate with Operations Geology to develop geologic prognoses and execute well plans.
- Integrate results of new wells (Marathon and others) into structure and isopach maps and other interpretations.
- Incorporate learnings from regional studies generated by the Exploration Team into sub-regional analysis.
- Work collaboratively with team members to integrate these analyses in generating Plans of Development for the respective area.
- Degree: Master’s Degree in Geology
- Experience in shale plays is required and Delaware Basin experience is preferred.
- Experience Required: Minimum 8 years total industry experience with at least 5 years of experience specifically in unconventional geoscience.
- Prefer candidates with experience executing a fast paced, multiple rig development program
- Must have experience leading a team of geoscientists in unconventional setting.
- Travel Required: Less than 5%
- Computer Proficiencies: Intermediate PC skills are required in Microsoft desktop suites. Experience with Risk Analysis tools and techniques, Geographix, GIS, Landmark, and onshore data bank software suites are preferred.
- Self-directed and capable of working in a small team environment along with other engineers and geoscientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cooperative and interactive team player
- Collaborative and open to be challenged and technically debate technical projects in a constructive manner
- Demonstrated creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle some ambiguity in analysis
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that employees are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Manager, Geology, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Management, Engineering, Finance