|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||October 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Job ID 5280007Schedule Type Reg-TimeWork Hours 40Location Houston, Texas
The key job responsibilities of the VP of Geology are a balance of basin and trend analysis in key US basins, business development (“pitching”) and execution of A&D buy-side or sell-side assignments. Day-to-day focus will be on providing geological technical support for execution and completion of A&D assignments. This will include working with Managing Directors, Senior Engineers and Geologists in developing relevant content for presentations for the sale process. This position will also be making regular technical and marketing presentations to potential clients and buyers.
Must have excellent organization skills and good interpersonal skills as they will be corresponding with oil and gas company executives, as well as working with other Wells Fargo departments and vendors. Should be diligent, proactive, and have multi-tasking abilities. We are looking for a strong team player that is flexible to support whatever project/work that is required to complete the task. They must demonstrate a high level of personal motivation and willingness to take on significant responsibility. The A&D Analyst must be comfortable functioning both independently and as part of a team, meeting stringent deadlines and high work quality standards. Knowledge and experience working in the oil and gas industry would be helpful in this role.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent sound technical knowledge and judgment
- Geoscience degrees (BS and MS) with 5 or more years of experience in the oil and gas industry; A&D experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience of geologic database, mapping and interpretation packages (e.g. Petra, Geographix)
- Experience in preparing and presenting technical material to senior executives
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.