|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2017|
- The geologist is a key contributor to the in-year drilling program and long-term development plan for the West Business Unit. The geologist is accountable for developing field maps and incorporating relevant competitor analysis in order to identify new well locations. The geologist is also accountable for stratigraphy and geologic modeling of the Business Unit basins and reservoirs
- Contribute to well design including location and target zones, well path and geosteering requirements
- Identify and progress well programs that test new reservoirs/field extensions/play extensions
- Identify, mature, and develop new plays, concepts, and leads on and around existing acreage
- Contribute to populating, prioritizing and high-grading the portfolio of new opportunities for the Business Unit, considering both value and risk.
- Use geospatial and other competitor and partner data to identify potential new areas of interest on and around BP’s existing acreage
- Master of Science in Geology (or equivalent)
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 8 years of onshore US geology experience
- Significant experience in development well selection and drilling, including open hole log evaluation.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and high-grade geologic prospects.
- Focuses effort and prioritizes work to deliver business value.
- Overcomes obstacles and adapts approach to achieve outstanding results.
- Takes account of inter-dependencies between all stakeholders.
- Actively promotes a positive team environment.
- Effective coach for less-experienced geoscientists.
- Looks for ways to do things safer, better, more efficiently without increasing risk.
- Flexibility to work in a smaller, shifting environment.
- Experience in horizontal well selection, execution and evaluation.
- Experience taking unconventional plays from appraisal through to development.Coalbed Methane experience is an added benefit.Experience with DSG, Petra, RMS, Openworks.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (E.G. TRAVEL, LOCATION)
Travel Percentage: 24-30%
DESIRABLE CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
- Foster an environment of safety first operations
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker; who actively seeks opportunities and solutions
- Demonstrated use of IMPACT principles:
I - Innovated: Learns from new ideas and applies solutions to add value.
M - Motivated: Overcomes obstacles with an intense desire to succeed.
P - Performance Driven: Makes value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives.
A - Accountable: Takes responsibility and ownership of business performance.
C - Collaborative: Shares knowledge and works together for the good of L48.
T - Trustworthy: Keeps commitments, listens to others and authentically supports change necessary to achieve our Path to Premier.
Yes - up to 25%
IS THIS A PART TIME POSITION?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "28-Aug-2017" ]