|Date Posted||September 28, 2017|
Refraction Asset Management is an investment fund manager and family office in Calgary. We use computer estimation and simulations to predict portfolios for our clients.
Refraction is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and organized individual to fill the position of Geoscience Analyst . This full time, position is located in Calgary, Alberta and will report to the Chief Operations Officer within the Operations Group . Hours of work include 7:00 am to 4:30 pm (overtime may be required) as well as competitive flex schedules for personal time and professional development. You will interface with our Data Science team, Portfolio Management team and support contractors to support the development of new trading and estimation tools in a real time production and AGILE work environment.
- Provide Technical Audit and System Engineering to applications in VB.Net/C#.Net, Python and ASP.Net.
- Design and reprocess analog seismic and signal data
- Contribute to kriging and annealing data simulations for reservoir estimation
- Design case functions for petrochemistery from existing core libraries
- Contribute to researching new data model estimators
- Engineer and simulate primary, secondary and stimulated recovery environments using physical data sets
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert to assist our Artificial Intelligence engineering team research and develop new machine learning dictionaries and methods for our analysis systems.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
Qualifications Include :
- 5+ years’ experience in the North American Oil & Gas Industry
- Must work in Calgary
- Must have at least professional accreditation and work experience in managing, monitoring and planning a pad or similar scale production portfolio
- Must have experience designing, planning and modeling a reservoir simulation at exploration and at exploitation stage
- Must be comfortable in planning risk as well as auditing wildcat / reprocessed chance of success risk scenarios
- Experience working in Microsoft Excel, Java, C, C++ and Petrel
- Experience interfacing with Reservoir Audit, Production teams and Financial silos
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
Nice to have:
- Exploitation and seismic reprocessing experience
- Production management experience
- Exposure to geospatial software and subsurface mapping techniques using “computer vision”
- Competency in modern seismic programming
- Have worked in at least two major Canadian hydrocarbon plays and/or worked in Exploration on at least two discoveries or step-out programs
- Experience with Reservoir simulation and meta-data scraping methods
- Prior experience with AI / Neural network research
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
- Calgary, AB
- Geophysics or Geology: 5 years