|Date Posted||August 12, 2016|
- Exciting and rewarding career opportunity
- Attractive salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 26th August 2016
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA’S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that’s meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow’s energy solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Geoscience Operations team based in Brisbane. Reporting to the Geoscience Operations Manager, this role is required to perform all geoscience duties for the planning, operation and completion phases of a CSG drilling campaign.
Is This You?
You’ll need to have intelligent creativity, be an effective problem solver and be able to clearly communicate with a variety of stakeholders. To be considered for this role, you must hold a major in Geology and have solid experience in oil and gas operations, exploration/development or mud-logging.
You’re experienced in or have knowledge of:
- Well planning and operational requirements and procedures
- Regional play analysis through the application of geologic and geophysical concepts and knowledge of how to identify areas of greater prospectivity
- Efficient and effective operations and geosteering of multiple drilling rigs
- Subsurface disciplines, including reservoir engineering, petrophysics, geophysics, well design and etc.
- Extensive technical knowledge of geologic disciplines with emphasis on CSG
- Sedimentology, stratigraphy, sequence stratigraphy, basin tectonics/structure. Basin/reservoir geology, hydrocarbon generation and migration, risk analysis and reserves estimation
- Geological controls on geochemical model and reservoir geology
- Basic to introduction level of interpretation software packages (e.g. Geology, Petrosys, Petrel, Geoframe, WellCAD and etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL and database management preferred but not essential
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Job Requisition: 30663