|Location||Anchorage, United States|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2017|
Hilcorp, founded in 1989, is one of the largest privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States and is the largest oil producer in Louisiana. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Hilcorp has over 1,350 employees in multiple operating areas including the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana, the Northeast United States, and Alaska's Cook Inlet and North Slope. Our formula is to grow the company by leveraging our core competencies and operational expertise. Our proficiency in these key areas has resulted in significant growth over the last several years. Hilcorp is consistently acknowledged for its culture, values and ethics. In fact we have been recognized by multiple, local and national, publications as one of the best places in America to work. In addition Hilcorp has also been commended for its unique programs that foster charitable giving by its employees and our emphasis on partnering with the communities in which we operate. We take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to maintain a culture that will allow for continued growth.
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
- Interprets and evaluates subsurface geologic data to construct integrated maps, cross sections, and other geologic displays defining subsurface structure, reservoir geometries, net sand and net pay, hydrocarbon pore volume and other essential economically significant interpretations consistent with established company mapping standards.
- Obtains, manipulates, and interprets computer databases and mapping software.
- Obtains and interprets well log correlation and interpretation, petro physical analysis, interpretation of seismic data, field specific geologic interpretation of known producing traps and trap types, structure and producing intervals to define drilling, recompletion, and workover economic objectives.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- (4) years minimum experience in geological oil and gas development and/or exploration, and a proven ability to generate multiple investment opportunities.
- Proficient with onsite open hole evaluation and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of the role and job responsibilities of Reservoir and Operations Engineers, Landmen, and other company professionals in order to accomplish team goals.
- Ability to integrate and synthesize geologic interpretations to generate economically justified investment opportunities for the company.
- Ability to accurately solve problems.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Project management, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: PETRA or other Geologic database and mapping software.
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in geology.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in geology.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: