|Date Posted||January 9, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
- Interprets and evaluates subsurface geologic data to construct integrated maps, cross sections, and other geologic displays defining subsurface structure, reservoir geometries, net sand and net pay, hydrocarbon pore volume and other essential economically significant interpretations consistent with established company mapping standards.
- Obtains, manipulates, and interprets computer databases and mapping software.
- Obtains and interprets well log correlation and interpretation, petro physical analysis, interpretation of seismic data, field specific geologic interpretation of known producing traps and trap types, structure and producing intervals to define drilling, recompletion, and workover economic objectives.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- (4) years minimum experience in geological oil and gas development and/or exploration, and a proven ability to generate multiple investment opportunities.
- Proficient with onsite open hole evaluation and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of the role and job responsibilities of Reservoir and Operations Engineers, Landmen, and other company professionals in order to accomplish team goals.
- Ability to integrate and synthesize geologic interpretations to generate economically justified investment opportunities for the company.
- Ability to accurately solve problems.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Project management, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: PETRA or other Geologic database and mapping software.
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in geology.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in geology.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: