|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||March 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilize proven oil-finder geological skills to enhance Laredo’s acreage position
• Develop geological models and interpretations from subsurface data to guide regional exploration and appraisal programs
• Review rock and petrophysical data to identify key geologic parameters linked to well productivity
• Collaborate closely with ongoing sequence stratigraphic assessments of Laredo’s existing acreage position and integrating interpretations within a consistent framework
• Recommend opportunities for drilling to management and maturing prospects to drill-ready status incorporating the appropriate quality control
• Continuously improve geological workflows to facilitate detailed reservoir characterization, including facies, rock type and sequence stratigraphic framework as appropriate
• Work with petrophysicists, geophysicists, geologists, geotechs and engineers to integrate multiple data types into descriptive reservoir models
• Integrate key engineering (including production & completions) data into geological analysis
• Collaborate and integrate work into Laredo’s proprietary Earth Modeling and multivariate analytics workflows
• Participate in building and updating technical work plans, keeping management apprised of project status
• Apply latest techniques and technology to advance geological expertise at Laredo
• Mentor geoscience staff as necessary on techniques and workflows
• Advise manager on value adding potential projects, workflows and techniques Requirements KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• B.S. Degree in Geology required
• Master’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, or associated Petroleum Geosciences preferred
• Minimum 12+ years’ experience
• Proven oil-finder in unconventional plays, with the ability to integrate and assimilate all available data (of various types, ages and sources) into a valid, reliable and consistent interpretation.
• Experienced in integrating structural framework, uncertainty analysis, geophysical and petrophysical data into geological analysis.
• Experienced in interpretation of both conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
• Interpersonal skills to participate in dynamic team projects within an integrated team environment.
• Must have the ability to work with multiple and diverse sources of data and make quality decisions.
• Must have the ability to accomplish goals and objectives, drive business results and take personal responsibility for decisions and actions.
• Must work collaboratively with others within own team and across the organization.
• Deals comfortably with uncertainty and can deal constructively with issues that arise.
• Experienced in providing clear and actionable solutions.