|Date Posted||June 20, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
Geologist-3 - (FED00002Y)
Jacobs Federal Operations provides a wide range of services to government and industry in engineering, environmental, operations and maintenance, scientific, engineering, environmental and technical services. Our clients include USAF, USACE, DOE, USCG, NASA, Dow, TVA, and Denso. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas.
The Geologist will provide technical, scientific support for environmental investigation and remediation projects including all phases of planning, characterization, data analysis, work planning and report writing. This position should have comprehensive understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards. Competently performs all conventional scientific assignments within a specific discipline. Works under minimal supervision, participates in setting assignment objectives; plans own task schedule to satisfy objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- Review procedures for compliance with environmental regulations
- Developing and writing statements of work, work plans, and reports
- Preparing reports of studies for information of others, and assists in preparation of cost estimates
- Performing technical tasks and assisting with the execution of scientific programs under the supervision of a project manager
- Interact with project managers and subcontractors as well as project controls, administrative and safety staff
- Can competently perform all conventional geologist assignments as required
- 4-7 years of experience required
- BS or MS in geology, geophysics, geography, soil science or other related field of study required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Computer literacy in software typical of discipline is preferred
- Has comprehensive understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts and industry practices and standards preferred
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certificate desirable but not required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.