|Date Posted||December 6, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
- Location: Canada: Alberta
- City / Town: Calgary
- Type: Contract
- Posted: 6 Dec 2016
- Job Reference: 59432
- Consultant: Jessica Harper
- Consultant contact: +1 403 984 0912
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking a Geological Technician on a contract position in Calgary. Candidates MUST be local as no rotation or LOA will be provided.
Looking for an intermediate to senior Geological Technician whose primary role will be to seek out new heavy oil resource play opportunities; providing technical and business case recommendations in a concise, knowledgeable format. In addition, the Geological Technician will provide geoscience support to an engineering focused Technology team, as required.
• Integration and loading of data into geological software
• Maintain digital datasets in PC environments/assist in presentations/reports, and perform other functions as required by Geoscientists.
• Integration of interpretations with other area geoscientists and engineers with attention to detail
•Coordinate between Geoscientists, other technicians, system administrators, and other disciplines
•Provide technical support to Geologists, Geoscientists and Engineers under general supervision
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience and be a results oriented, proactive individual, capable of working both independently and in a team environment
• Locate, gather, prepare, and load well data into applications/maintain databases for drilling appraisal program.
• Advanced level computer skills, especially in software programs (Petra, ArcMap, Petrel, Accumap, CorelDraw) and ability to learn new software.
• Generate Geological and Geophysical base maps, cross sections, and various other displays, reports and presentations.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, along with sound project management skills, are necessary requirements
• Organize and manipulate Geological and Geophysical databases and spreadsheets
• Well log data and geophysical data types and terminology is preferred
• Effectively able to manage time and balance priorities in order to meet objectives and deliver results
• Experience with AER In-Situ Application experience would be an asset
All qualified candidates will be contacted.