|Date Posted||December 7, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Tasks and Duties:
1. Supervision and QC of all mud logging services, including carbonate and classic formation
identification, geological cutting/core sample description, hydrocarbon shows detection, and
Formation Evaluation Log.
2. Supervision and QC of all wireline logging services and reporting, including pressure test and fluid
PVT sampling. Well site witnessing and Log Quality Control (LQC) for electric Wireline and PCL
logs in open hole, cased hole and logging with drill string including image logs.
3. Responsible for collecting and dispatching of all geological data as required.
4. Responsible for picking of formation tops, section TD, critical casing points, core points and final
5. Assurance of correct well trajectory for deviated and horizontal wells. QC and interpretation of
Real-Time Logging While Drilling (LWD/MWD) data, on-site correlation with offset wells, and
including geo-steering directional drilling assurance when required.
6. Review of all drilling risks prior to each hole section and effectively communicating these to the
drilling team at the well site.
7. Preparation of daily geological reports in a standard of all geological derived drilling data and
geological formation tops, gas shows and hydrocarbon shows.
8. Preparing Geological End ofWell Reports after drilling operation.
9. Training and coaching local subsurface staff.
10. Liaises with Drilling Supervisor on accessing down-hole loss, oil and gas zones, identifying
formation abnormalities and providing recommendations for corrective action.
11. Strictly follow COMPANY's HSE policies. Ensure COMPANY's HSE policies and procedures are
fully implemented by other contractor's personnel and implemented at wellsite working under his
direct control/supervision. Ensure safety precautions are taken and accidents/incidents are accurately
reported and investigated.
1. B.Sc. in Geology
2. 8 years international experience as a wellsite geological supervisor, with specific experience in
understanding borehole instability issues (mud losses, ballooning effect etc.). Carbonate oilfield and
horizontal well experience would be preferred.
3. Well knowledge of Geo-hazardous (H2S, CO2 and bitumen) in drilled formations and ability to
advise the drilling operations in horizontal holes and mud losses zones.
4. Well experienced in QA and QC ofWireline Logging and LWD/MWD.
5. Well experienced in using Microsoft Office and job related software.
6. Effective communication skills and high standard of reporting in English.
7. Capability to work independently and in multi-culture.
8. Proficient in operating Microsoft Office software, such as excel, word, PPT, and project, etc.