|Location||San Antonio, United States|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
System One is currently seeking an Geological Interpreterfor a direct hire position located in San Antonio, TX.
- Carry out extensive detailed mapping on 3D or 2D seismic data, analyze seismic attributes, and prepare detailed structural, stratigraphic and amplitude maps.
- Evaluate 2D and 3D seismic data sets for hydrocarbon potential and present recommendations for future exploration efforts and seismic data acquisition based on technical and business experience.
- Correlate and identify events on the seismic record for equivalency and time-depth relationship.
- Assess seismic data quality and recommend ways to improve the data.
- Rank and define leads and/or prospects, estimate risk and propose additional studies or resources to improve such risk (probabilistic and deterministic methods).
- Recommend purchase or disposition of leases based on integrated geological and geophysical information as contributor to lease sale evaluation efforts.
- Manage project team for acquisition and site drilling
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct discussions with Team Members, Team Leader and Management.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Petra and expert usage of SMT Kingdom required along with a proficiency in Windows Office software.
- Must have experience and a strong understanding of AVO modeling, fluid substitutions and other attributes. Strong ability to analyze the cause of success or failure of exploration projects.
- Must be able to work in highly charged, fast-paced work environment, and be able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geophysics or higher. 10-20 years working experience.
- 5 years Project Management
- Must be a proven prospect generator.
- Experience with both exploration and development workflows in conventional environments, generating and updating maps, logs, cross-sections and databases as required.
- Experience drilling successful wells in LA, S. Texas and the Gulf Coast areas and integrating well log and geology information into the Seismic interpretation and prospect generation (well tie, wavelet extraction et al).
- Onshore experience is required.
- 3D seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Texas and Louisiana gulf coast expertise. Shallow water experience
- Experience with generating and selling prospects Certified Petroleum Geologist
- Registered Professional Geoscientist
- Member - Society of Exploration of Geophysicist