|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Geosteering - III, GeoSteering GeologistDiversified Well Logging, LLCJob DescriptionThis position will report to the Geosteering Manager and will be responsible for the following job responsibilities:Basic FunctionGeosteering III (GSIII) or GeoSteering Geologists are exempt full time office based positions. GSIII provide steering guidance to our customers based on surface and downhole logging measurements. GSIII utilize software to predict well bore placement based on one or more customer objectives. GSIII are specialists with geologic knowledge and experience in well logging. GeoSteering Geologist is responsible for the geosteering of the horizontal wells within a tightly defined stratigraphic window in the target reservoir. The position will require effective written and verbal communication with office and field staff. Before, during, and after each well is drilled, organized well folders will be updated and maintained to allow other members of the Geosteering and Operations team to access up-to-date data and interpretations. Also responsible for providing as-needed support to other members of the Geosteering team when additional assistance as may be required.The Geosteering Geologist’s Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Draft and update geosteering interpretations for all assigned wells
- Coordinate with sales to collect required offset or well information to create models
- Provide technical support and quality oversight for wellsite services, including mudlogging, LWD/MWD.
- Geosteer horizontal wells in a 24/7 operation to ensure proper placement of wellbore within a specific target.
- Perform real-time monitoring and interpretation of data acquired while drilling as may be required.
- Provide expertise for planning, execution and look-back analysis for all wells drilled by a customer, including but not limited to horizontal wells.
- Maintain open communication with customer geologist, project petrophysicist and drilling team during horizontal drilling operations following chain of command
- Maintain a daily reporting system for well operations and data gathering
- Operate and enforce safety practices within the operation complying with company policies, state and federal regulations
- Work effectively with a variety of individuals from numerous disciplines
- Ability to interact effectively with other professionals in an integrated multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team environment
- Provide geologic support of field operations
Required SkillsDesired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Geoscience or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years applicable field experience in mud logging or LWD;
- or be a current DWL field employee with a minimum of 10 years mud logging or LWD experience, be recommended by an area manager and willing to take geology courses under DWL’s development program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of PC and technical computer applications
- Must be able to compile, analyze and assemble data for reports and presentations
- Complete DWL’s HS&E in house training modules in required time frame
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Previous geosteering experience
- Field LWD, wireline logging or mud logging experience
- Experience with SES, Boresight or comparable geosteering software applications
Diversified Well Logging LLC was founded in 1952 by the Klibert family. DWL is a privately held business that specializes in mud logging and mud logging related services. Over the last 60 years, a lot has changed in the industry, and we have made it our goal to keep up with those changes. We are proud to be a part of this dynamic industry, and we never forget the most important aspect - formation evaluation.