|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||0|
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company and ranks as one of our nation’s top 100 companies according to Fortune magazine. Our company is engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, as well as in refining and in marketing refined petroleum products, natural gas, and electricity.
The Exploration and Production (E&P) division is the engine of future income and growth for the company. We have a strong leadership team and a global organization implementing a focused strategy that has positioned Hess Corporation for long-term financial performance.
As a Geologist/Geophysicist, you will become an immediate asset to Hess by working relevant projects while enhancing your skill set. You will be an active team member with rotations in major business units during a two year rotational program within Exploration, Exploration Technology, and/or Production.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
There will be involvement in projects which include the following:
- Compile, interpret and integrate geophysical/geological data fo prospect generation or lease evaluation
- Generate regional scale interpretations by using seismic data and information from key wells to recommend areas of interest to management for further exploration
- Integrate petrophysical and geological information to investigate and develop different rock physics relationships at both regional and field development scales
- Use calibrated relationships as predictive tools for exploration, appraisal and development problems
- Work to understand the elements of the Petroleum System and how they are addressed through the Hess workflow
- Work with the drilling teams of Geoscience and Engineering staff on exploration/production wells (conventional and unconventional)
- Quantitative seismic interpretation by combining geologic and engineering data via forward geophysical models, seismic inversion, 4D seismic and rock physics
- Prepare and present prospect data and interpretations in support of farmout efforts
- Utilize computer workstations to enhance accuracy of geoscience interpretations by applying processing, modeling, 2D & 3D seismic mapping, attribute analysis, and utility software as necessary
Education, Training & Certifications
Master’s or PhD in geoscience-related field
- Houston, TX
- Possess a high level of achievement within a Geosciences academic program
- Possess an above average level of understanding of the E&P Industry (internships)
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to be motivated and to motivate others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Promote the Hess Corporate Values of Integrity, People, Performance, Value Creation, Social Responsibility and Independent Spirit
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 graduates are encouraged to apply.
Include date of graduation and overall GPA on resume.
Please provide a copy of your most recent transcript.
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.