|Date Posted||July 5, 2017|
Junior Field Production Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Field Production Engineers reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, Hangingstone. The position is based in Fort McMurray. The rotation is currently planned to be 7/7 (however, may move to a variation on that rotation (i.e. 8/6) upon manager’s discretion). Upon completion of a multi-year assignment in the field, and upon manager’s recommendation, the employee may be transferred to work in Calgary.
- Ensure correct implementation of daily injection and production targets
- Main interface from Production Team with Field Operation and Drilling & Completions for day-to-day production/reservoir management & subsurface operation monitoring.
- Support Operations with well related field activities (i.e. trouble shooting well operations, well testing, start-up, etc.)
- Work, in collaboration with Production Eng, on assigned technical tasks (i.e. well testing, proration surveillance & improvement, pump performance, Flow Control Devices performance, well integrity monitoring, etc.)
- Contributes to daily activities related to metering, reporting and production accounting
- Complete well test scheduling on monthly basis and validation on weekends
- Responsible for compiling the daily well reports and attending the daily production optimization meetings
- Responsible for subsurface field production surveillance during weekends and holidays
- Coordinate subsurface input into maintenance operational plan
- Coordinate, from the field, change-outs of artificial lift with Operations and Drilling & Completions
- Work with Calgary Production Engineers and Operations to provide OPEX assumptions for budget purposes
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum of 1-5 years of oil and gas industry experience (inclusive of internships or co-op work terms), preferably within a thermal recovery project team
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team-focused skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience in SAGD, thermal well hydraulics, and artificial lift (ESP and/or PCP) would be considered an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer an exciting and entrepreneurial work environment and an array of projects in our portfolio.
Athabasca Oil Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fort McMurray, AB
- Production: 1 year