|Location||Grand Junction, United States|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2017|
Our geologists collect pre-set sample intervals and build mudlogs utilizing Tlog software, as well as a lithology description software for consistency in mudlogs. Approximately half of our jobs geosteer at the wellsite using Starsteer software. A majority of our jobs utilize the DQ 1000 Mass Spectrometer, rather than a standard chromatograph. We use the Terra SLS Green Box for our non-geochemistry wells. We are one of the few companies that is certified to train our own employees to operate and service the SLB DQ1000.
MISSION STATEMENT: "Better Wells With Data That Matters"
Field Geo Services, Inc. started in 2006 working in the Piceance Basin near our home office in Grand Junction, CO. We currently employ over 60 staff geologists and have developed a strong reputation in the industry. After surviving each O&G downturn, we have taken each opportunity to develop new services and perfect existing ones. FGS has operated in nearly every major basin and are currently active in basins within New Mexico, Texas, and North Dakota. We provide high level geological, geochemical, and geosteering services and are looking for potential employees with a strong work ethic who are self motivated, have excellent communication, can work with little to no supervision, and can represent our company in a professional manner.
Employment includes a day rate, per diem, vehichle allowance, matching IRA, health and dental insurance. Software programs we use include Starsteer by Rogii, T-log (formerly M-plot), Lithologic and Wellsight.
- Collecting, describing, and recording rock cutting samples and at times, core samples
- Monitoring and maintaining gas detection equipment
- Creating Mudlogs of the data collected
- Creating and updating daily drilling and mudlog reports as needed or requested
- BS or BA in Geology
- Minimum of 1 year experience
- Computer skills and working knowledge of mudlogging programs and Microsoft Office programs
- Mechanical skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Flexible schedule and ability to work in multiple locations over extended periods of time
- Must have a driver's license and a vehicle (preferably 4-WD)
- Drug and alcohol free
Those interested in a domestic wellsite position, please send in your resume and cover letter.
Thank you,-Field Geo Services
Job Type: Full-time
- Mudlogging or Geosteering: 1 year