|Location||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2015|
The Field Engineer in the EURCAS Region will be responsible for the installation of optical and electronic downhole reservoir monitoring equipment for countries within this Region.
The installations will be performed directly by the job holder or indirectly through the supervision of 3rd parties. The work performed on/offsite will be under customer supervision to the contracted specification. These are to be achieved within the framework of the job scope and subject to our client contractual obligations and both regulatory and Weatherford policies and procedure requirements.
The position is classified as mobile and the job holder is required to respect the global nature of the business and be prepared to travel nationally and internationally to support business requirements in counties included in the EURCAS region. Periods of travel and duration of work are project specific and variable.
- The Field Engineer (FE) is responsible for ensuring that they are familiar and confident in performing all field operations in advance of being deployed to the field for actual operations. Any deficiencies identified are to be reported in a timely manner to ensure all field operations are performed successfully to the contracted specification.
- The FE is responsible for identifying and documenting any Risk Assessment, associated with performing “field operations” in a timely manner ahead or performing the actual operations
- The FE is responsible for ensuring that they participate in Projects to Operations handover, evaluating the content of any Rig Book and or Procedures and Work Instructions and ensuring any deficiencies are noted and highlighted.
- The FE is responsible for the Safety, Integrity and Security of all equipment used or delivered for field operations, they are also responsible for ensuring all equipment is returned and any damages or shortages reported to the Company Man and PE prior to back-loading and shipment.
- The FE will be responsible for all equipment used for field operations.
- When arriving onsite the FE is responsible for ensuring that all equipment for installation in the well is checked and where practical all Weatherford and /or 3rd party interfaces are checked in a timely manner ahead of actual rig operations.
- The FE is responsible for all reporting of field operations including daily reports and end of job reporting.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by line management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement of the QHSE Integrated Management System.
- Actively participate in ensuring that the Service Department complies with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental controls, process, procedures and current legislation.
- Be personally responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or don’t do.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct Health and Safety and Environmental behaviors and best practice at any work location.
- Minimum Craft technical qualification (e.g. City & Guilds / SCOVTEC) in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or Optical systems
- Degree / HND / HNC in above subjects or qualification with relevant to the petroleum industry
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCE
- Relevant onshore/offshore experience in downhole drilling / completions or wireline. Familiar with quality management systems
- Relevant onshore / offshore experience in the installation of downhole well monitoring system and surface instrumentation. Reservoir engineering experience
- A self-starter ability to work with minimum supervision using own initiative to solve problems
- Detailed, controlled and results focused
- Must be able to communicate with clients, 3rd parties and vendors with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to business change and varying workloads, often abroad or offshore.
- Must be PC literate and able to use the majority of MS Office application