|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
TITLE: Facilities/Petroleum Engineer III
LOCATION: Northwest Houston
The Facilities/Petroleum Engineer is responsible for design of new battery, battery retrofit, and artificial lift support projects.
-Supports 'No Harm' culture by demonstrating strong safety/environmental values and enabling safety culture in the Business Unit
- Is fully competent in standard techniques, procedures and criteria used in carrying out a sequence of engineering tasks. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of work applying new information and concepts
- Coordinates the development of fit for purpose standards and specifications for surface facility projects.
- Provides technical support and leadership for the design of gas, oil, and produced water handling facilities, including gathering systems, compressor stations, treating facilities, water treating systems, and SWD plants.
- Supports MOC process and leads facilities projects from inception to commissioning.
- Coordinates with EH&S and Regulatory for all required permits and compliance and ensures operations comply with all corporate EH&S policies and governmental regulations.
- Oversees preparation of all necessary design drawings and construction documents (plats, P&IDs, PFDs, vessel sizing, etc.).
- Implements and aids in development of company standards and technical practices.
- Develops AFE costs and assists in budgeting exercises. Manages accruals and project cost control.
- Strong project management and leadership skills; project management and work with multi-discipline teams.
- Able to revise/prepare process and instrumentation diagrams / flow diagrams and create job books
- Able to change with market conditions and learnings
- Solid technical skills
- Able to challenge status quo and push new learnings and technologies
- In depth understanding of sub-surface (basic geology fluid flow) and surface operations (flow methods, artificial lift, surface facilities)
- Familiarity safety training and compliance
- Maintains vigilance regarding safety, health, and environmental issues
EDUCATION and REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline (Mechanical/Chemical)
- 5+ years of related experience in oil and gas industry experience.