|Date Posted||November 14, 2018|
DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East-North Africa region and offshore Norway. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company and holds a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq with average production of 117,600 barrels of oil equivalent for the last quarter. The Zagros mountains in Kurdistan are home to some of the largest undeveloped hydrocarbon reservoirs in the world where the reservoir rocks consist mostly of fractured carbonates. DNO has four active rigs in Kurdistan, of which one is at the Peshkabir field, two at the Tawke field and one at the Baeshiqa license. On the Tawke license DNO has ramped up production from the Peshkabir field to over 50,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) from six wells in less than 18 months after commencement of operations.
DNO aims to grow by the bit in Kurdistan with two exploration wells already drilled in 2018 and one on its way on the Baeshiqa PSC targeting multiple stacked prospects of Jurassic and Triassic age. Further exploration wells are planned for 2019 in both the Baeshiqa and Tawke PSC in this prolific oil region.
The company therefore seeks additional exploration geologists to join the team of geoscientists focused on exploration in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. The role’s main objective is to identify viable oil prospects in the company’s current and future license portfolio and work these up to drillable status. The position will be based in DNO’s corporate Oslo headquarters within an international and dynamic working environment alongside experienced, skilled and motivated colleagues.
- Identify leads and mature these to be added to the company’s Exploration Portfolio
- Seismic interpretation
- Work up prospects to drillable status
- Well planning and follow-up during drilling
- Engagement and coordination of geological studies with the corporate subsurface group and external parties
- Involvement in accessing new opportunities through farm-ins or accessing open blocks
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Geology or Geophysics
- Preferred 10+ year experience in the E&P Industry
- Prospect evaluation and maturation
- Involvement in appraisal/exploration well planning, operational follow up and post-well analysis
- Probabilistic volume assessment and risking
- Solid understanding of structural geology, especially in compressional settings is an advantage
- Skilled in geological interpretation of seismic data including complex structure in 2D and 3D
- Desired applied geophysical experience:
- Experienced in and good understanding of velocity modeling, performing well-ties and depth conversion for land seismic data with topography
- Some understanding of seismic acquisition and processing and its impact on data confidence and the interpretation process.
- Competent user of Petrel
- Understanding of key carbonate subsurface uncertainties is an advantage
- Strong technical competency and high standards in quality of work delivered
- Possess analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information
- Dynamic, pro-active worker and self-motivated
- Willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Strong workstation skills, expertise with Petrel, ability to learn new software
- Good interpersonal, presentation, communication and reporting skills (fluency in verbal and written English language), including recognition of local cultural requirements
- Ability to work in team and across functional groups
- Moderate business travel required
The role is based in the DNO headoffice in Oslo.
Please ensure that you apply with a PDF version of your resume.