|Location||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
We have an immediate requirement for an Exploration Manager to join our growing team at our head office in The Hague, the Netherlands, on a permanent basis. This is a senior role, offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
Reporting to the COO, this role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to fulfil a key new managerial position within the Dutch based corporate team. Primary responsibility will be to take the lead and to manage the various geoscience activities required within the company, both in the head office and in the local subsidiaries. This covers support for all activities within Mazarine’s current portfolio, ranging from new business development to exploration, appraisal and development opportunities.
The company expects that a successful candidate will have a proven track record as either a geophysicist or a geologist. As a geophysicist the incumbent will have hands-on expertise with, and be able to directly manage all activities related to seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation. He/she will have a more than passing knowledge of geology and will be able to establish and maintain an effective relationship with geological expertise. As a geologist, the incumbent will have hand-on expertise with, and be able to directly manage seismic interpretation, drilling maturation, execution and analysis. He/she will have a more than passing knowledge of geophysics and will be able to establish and maintain an effective relationship with geophysical expertise.
This is a high-level position with good career development potential within a small but ambitious company, with direct access to the Board of the Company.
- Leading and managing the Geoscience work stream;
- Providing information and recommendations to the Executive Board;
- Setting goals and objectives and holding people accountable;
- Ensuring that all technical work is of a high and consistent standard;
- Developing and maintaining project schedules;
- Ensure collaboration and effective communication with the Subsurface teams in the subsidiaries;
- Recommend and effectively execute all geophysical programs (seismic acquisition and processing) and G&G studies;
- Continuous improvement in the performance of all G&G service company operations (seismic acquisition, mud logging, LWD, wireline, coring, field work, etc.);
- Provide the New Business Development & Commercial Manager with G&G technical support;
- Training and development of the G&G department;
- Identifying, evaluating and recommending new exploration opportunities;
- Providing G&G input and analysis for probabilistic and deterministic hydrocarbon volumetric evaluations and prospect risking;
- Developing and recommending exploration well locations and evaluation programs;
- Developing and recommending appraisal programs and development programs to
- rapidly advance and bring discoveries on stream if appropriate;
- Contributing to the creation of a culture of strong and effective team-work;
- Represent company with government agencies and partners;
- Must be willing to travel to countries as required.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics (or equivalent);
- 5 years of experience in a similar role in the oil and gas industry;
- Proven track record of managing an exploration team;
- Ability to engage effectively with personnel within and outside the Company at all levels;
- A strong team player, value driven, with a professional work ethic and a confident and effective communicator;
- Possess high quality power of analysis, presentation and writing skills;
- Strongly self-motivated, hands-on and entrepreneurial;
- Strong all round exploration background, with experience in onshore drilling activities;
- Sound knowledge in lithological facies identification and descriptions from core, cuttings, petro physics and reservoir engineering would be an advantage;
- Experience of appraisal and development projects;
- Demonstrable leadership qualities to successfully lead a diverse high-powered team;
- Strong command of the English language, with good oral and written communication skills;
For a geophysicist:
- Broad technical background including interpretation of 2-D and 3-D seismic data on a geophysical workstation to develop leads and prospects;
- Fully conversant with various seismic inversion techniques to build sophisticated stratigraphic interpretation and formation evaluation models;
- Able to identify critical seismic attributes for definition of formation fluids, reservoir characteristics, critical risks and uncertainties in a variety of geological settings;
- Track record in the application of state of the art seismic acquisition, processing/analysis and interpretation;
- Fully conversant with modern data management and interpretation technology, specifically, SMT-Kingdom and Petrel;
- A good understanding of geological models would be an asset.
For a geologist:
- Advanced geological background with an understanding of both clastic and carbonate depositional systems, sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology and structural geology;
- Demonstrated competency in structural and stratigraphic interpretation techniques;
- Advanced knowledge of reservoir characterization, including fractured reservoir analysis and development of reservoir models;
- Experience of seismic and geological interpretation and a play and prospect generation;
- Proven prospect generator with an ability to integrate work into regional geological models;
- A good understanding of geophysics, seismic interpretation would be an asset.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply by contacting our HR department by sending an email to email@example.com