|Location||State College, PA|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
This is an associate-level exploration geologist position who will work as part of an interdisciplinary team providing regional geologic interpretations and recommendations for various unconventional and conventional plays. The candidate will have the ability to work independently to build basin models, delineate play core areas and generate exploration prospects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop regional stratigraphic correlations.
- Generate and update geologic maps, cross-sections and presentations.
- Generate geologic interpretations and recommendations for areas of new acquisitions.
- Develop basin depositional and thermal history models.
- Perform petrophysical analysis of well logs.
OTHER Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to other areas of department as needed.
- Assist with training new and/or junior staff.
- Comply with all regulatory, environmental and safety rules and standards, as well as company policy.
- Relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performing all job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Performing other functions/duties as required.
Minimum Education, Qualifications, and Skills:
- M.S. in Geology.
- 2-5 years of oil and gas industry experience.
- Experience with unconventional plays.
- Understanding of play analysis including reserves, economics and risk assessment.
- Experience with Geographix.
- Able to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Problem solver with a strong work ethic.