|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Our client, a major oil producer, is seeking a Exploration Geologist to work on a short term contract within their facilities located offshore of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Attend Pre-Spud meetings and review sub.
- Collect and review required well site reference data, subsurface technical package, correlation / offset logs, maps, prognosis, and become familiar with any operational problems experienced in offset wells
- Describe all rock samples, hydrocarbon shows, anomalous events
- Act as a coordinator for the data acquisition from mud loggers, Logging While Drilling (LWD), wireline logging and coring
- Correlation of the well data to support picking of casing points, core point and well total depth
- Supervise and quality control geological operations at the Wellsite
- Act as the coordinator for data acquisition from service providers
- • Compile draft geological operations summary after each hole section is completed (for End of Well Report (EOWR). Support root cause analysis investigations of Non-Productive Time (NPT)
- Maintain Geology and Engineering Files and Expedite Final logs and Data
- Ensure that contractors’ lessons are reviewed and captured after each hole section and the results documented
- Advise the drillers of potential geological hazards
- Must reside within the US
- Must have 5 years minimum experience
- Must be highly skilled in mud logging, deep water offshore, exploration, excellent soft skills and behaviors.