|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Exploration Geologist III
* Attend Pre-Spud meetings and review subsurface technical package and drilling program
* Collect and review required well site reference data, subsurface technical package, correlation / offset logs, maps, prognosis, and become familiar with any operational problems experienced in offset wells
* Describe all rock samples, hydrocarbon shows, anomalous events
* Correlation of the well data to support picking of casing points, core point and well total depth
* Act as a coordinator for the data acquisition from mudloggers, Logging While Drilling (LWD), wireline logging and Coring
* Support conformance to BP Group Practices for PP detection
* Supervise and quality control geological operations at the Wellsite - Liase regularly with - BP Wellsite leader and Driller to communicate upcoming Geological risks, casing point decisions; - Directional driller: Target objective coordination, geosteering requirements; - Quality assess and quality check logging data (LWD/wireline, mudlogging). Advise logging company of program revisions, timing: - Advise Measurement While Drilling (MWD) and mud logging personnel of program requirements and revisions; Act as the link between the BP Wellsite leader and the mudlogging crew, and ensure the crew are briefed and focused on key geological and operational issues. Supervise the interpretative aspect of the mud log; - Forward daily reports, files and interpreted data to Operators representative and partners; - Regular reporting and communication with town Ops geologist, as needed to manage operations, and when total depth is reached
* Act as the coordinator for data acquisition from service providers
* Compile draft geological operations summary after each hole section is completed (for End of Well Report (EOWR). Support root cause analysis investigations of Non-Productive Time (NPT)
* Maintain Geology and Engineering Files and Expedite Final logs and Data
* Ensure that contractors' lessons are reviewed and captured after each hole section and the results documented
* Advise the drillers of potential geological hazards
Candidates must reside within the US.
Candidates must have 5 years minimum experience.
Highly skilled in mud logging, deep water offshore, exploration, excellent soft skills and behaviors. Previous experience working with BP as a contractor is a plus.
Additional requirements: TWIC, HUET, LTGO, Work VISA, LOD, Ilogistic registration