|Location||Austin, United States|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Reports to: Geoscience Manager - Exploration
Parsley Energy is seeking an experienced exploration geoscientist to work with a team of geoscientists to explore for unconventional resources in the Lower 48. The position is located in Austin, Texas. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of industry experience with a proven track record in working unconventional plays in the US in both development and exploratory roles.
- Work with a small team of geoscience professional and support staff to identify, evaluate and recommend unconventional oil and gas exploration opportunities in the onshore Lower 48 of the US.
- Help build a portfolio of exploration opportunities aligned with company strategy and goals
- Apply advanced technical analysis to interpret and integrate data from a wide variety of sources including production, completion and reservoir data to generate new exploration ideas and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with Land, Engineering, and Business Development teams
- Mentor less experienced geoscientists
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Expert at developing unconventional reservoirs in onshore U.S. basins
- Experience exploring for unconventional resource plays and conventional plays
- Experience with play / prospect risk analysis and economics
- Seismic interpretation, petrophysical evaluation, and core analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Expert manipulating large amounts of data using geologic software, Petra or Kingdom preferred
This is not a supervisory position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role: However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The worker is also required to have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal, reading, transcribing, and preparing and analyzing data and figures.
Position type and expect hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Overnight travel typically during the workweek may be required. No more than 15% per year.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology with Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of exploration and production experience
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement: Parsley Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice