|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 8, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Exploration & Appraisal Geophysical Assurance Geophysicist
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
The main purpose of this job is to assure the geophysical technical quality of E&A opportunities at BHP Billiton. The secondary purpose would be to assure the Pore Pressure Prediction. The tertiary purpose would be to assure geophysical technical quality of D&P of conventional and unconventional opportunities at BHP Billiton as required.
1. Represent the Exploration and Appraisal assurance team as the responsible person for Geophysical assurance
2. Provide expert advice to technical teams
3. Identify, create, socialize and train best practice geophysical techniques
4. Align and contribute with D&P assurance and the geophysical Community of Excellence
5. Lead the BHPB approach to developing Earth modelling that leverages geophysical data from acquisition, processing, analysis, interpretation to multi-disciplinary, subsurface characterizations.
6. On occasion, lead special projects in geoscience initiatives
7. E&A liaison with Central Engineering
QualificationsPhD or MSc Degree in Geophysics Experience & Technical Competencies A minimum of 15-20 years in Exploration, Appraisal and Production Business is strongly preferred.
Core competencies will include:
· Expert level understanding of Geophysics
· Acquisition, processing and velocity analysis
· QI and attribute analysis
· Geophysical interpretation
· Geological integration
· Integration of Rock Physics with geology, Geomechanics, Petrophysics
· Potential Fields
· Volumetric assessment
· Risk and Uncertainty
· Probabilistic Theory
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills across functions and businesses
· Teaching and Coaching ability Languages English is required, Spanish would be a plus.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS