|Date Posted||August 3, 2017|
Reporting to the Vice President, Wapiti Development the successful candidate will provide engineering support for Sinopec’s liquids rich Wapiti Montney asset, with a focus on exploitation, economic and reservoir evaluations.
This is a key role within Sinopec Canada and the successful candidate will work with a team of high performing technical professionals and gain exposure across the organization.
- Perform large-scale scenario based economic evaluations utilizing economic software (Enersight). This position will be responsible for the maintenance and quality control of the economic model, inputs and assumptions.
- Use data analytics and other methods to help identify and access industry best practices, trends and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate and track competitor activity to help understand regional results and opportunities.
- Analyze new well production results, compare to expectations and communicate the results.
- Help implement data collection methods for new and existing wells, evaluate the data and use results toward future operational and reservoir improvements.
- Provide multi-disciplinary data gathering to support engineering, geology, geophysics & mineral land.
- Assist with AFE (Approval for Expenditure) generation, monitoring and maintenance.
- Support general exploitation and reservoir engineering activities.
- Assist in the coordination and generation of technical reviews and lookbacks.
- Support the team to deliver on area activity, production and reserve targets.
- Gather and prepare presentation material and present work (as required) to the asset, operational and management teams.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A strong economic analysis background on both an individual well and large scale project basis.
- High level of aptitude with industry software including Accumap, Harmony, Mosaic, Enersight, Tableau etc.
- Unconventional experience with respect to well planning, design and execution.
- Strong communication, organizational, multi-disciplinary integration and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills to handle a large array of projects simultaneously and the flexibility to adjust priorities as required.
- Comfortable presenting ideas and projects to peers and management.
- Willingness to share and disseminate information and ideas across teams and the broader organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and operate effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience, with some time spent working in unconventional resource development. Montney experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with either an APEGA E.I.T or P.Eng designation is preferred. Registered Engineering Technologists that are members of ASET will also be considered.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and enthusiasm.
- Pride in ones work is demonstrated through completeness and quality of results along with the desire to share results with others.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time