|Date Posted||May 16, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Senex Energy Limited (ASX:SXY) is a successful and growing ASX 200 energy business with close to thirty years' experience in oil and gas. Senex is building a valuable Australian business focused on its extensive operated acreage position and underpinned by a thriving oil business.
Headquartered in Brisbane, Senex operates producing oil assets in the South Australian Cooper Basin and maintains a portfolio of highly prospective oil and gas assets in the Cooper, Eromanga and Surat Basins, extending over more than 72,000 square kilometres.
Reporting to the WSGP Subsurface Manager you will be responsible for maximizing production and reserves in the Surat Basin. Based in Brisbane, you will identify and rank exploitation opportunities, undertake technical analysis and liaise with service delivery groups to prepare business cases ready for financial sanction and execution.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
• Working with a multidisciplinary team to identify development opportunities such as; new development wells, recompletions of existing wells, production optimization of existing production, gathering system solutions, etc
• Coordinating asset and service teams to generate business cases to justify exploitation opportunities including; determining rates and reserves; capital and operating costs; economic evaluation; business, social and environmental impacts
• Prepare well scopes for development wells in conjunction with development geologists and drilling
• Prepare completion and connection recommendations in conjunction with reservoir and production engineering
• Liaise with service groups to see approved opportunities through from concept to execution and maintain the associated exploitation opportunity list
• Implementation of field development plans through developing technical scope, programs of work and budgets
• Assist and review annual reserves prepared by Reservoir Engineering
• Prepare annual development budget and engage in production forecast
• Providing strategic advice on exploitation engineering issues relating to field development , production and exploration teams
• Present projects for peer review, internal management approval and joint venture approval
• Applying Workplace Health and Safety standards to all business activity and adhere to relevant policies.
• Comply with all Senex Energy policies and government regulations including but not limited to HSSE, aboriginal heritage and land ownership legislation, HR/ER/IR, Finance.
• Other duties as assigned by the WSGP Subsurface Manager
• Petroleum Engineering or relevant tertiary qualifications
• 5-10 years petroleum/reservoir/development/exploitation engineering experience
• Experience with production forecasting and nodal analysis software
• Expertise with economics evaluation
• Surat CSG experience desirable, however not essential.